Applications are due by April 18, 2017
Please return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fremont Arts Council Dave McKay Parade Grant Application:
Project Director/Contact Person:
Please limit your answers to these questions to three pages:
1. Narrative: Write a short narrative describing your proposed project. Describe your intention or theme; What are your ensemble elements (dancers/floats/puppets?); Does your ensemble include music or sound?; What will your ensemble be doing during the parade? Will there be audience participation/interaction?
2. People: Do you plan to use public volunteers in creating your project? What skills are needed to work on this project? Can you find enough people to populate your ensemble/assist you in the project? How many artists will be directly involved in this project? If your project requires many people, how will you find them? What skills are you bringing to this project? Have you done a similar project before?
3. Workspace: Each year the FAC provides a community art studio for the purpose of building the parade. Do you plan on using the Fremont Arts Council parade building space to create your project? If so, please describe what your workspace needs will be (days/times/activities.)
4. Timeline and Execution: Please provide a timeline of your project. Is your project accomplishable? Is it designed for a high probability of success? Has it been designed with safety in mind? Can you find enough people to assist with
5. Skill Sharing: Would you be willing to share skills or to build the project with FAC members or the broader community? If so, please describe how you will do this. Do you plan to hold public workshops or classes while building your ensemble?
6. As a Grantee: Briefly explain how you intend to use the Dave McKay Parade Grant (Budget detail to be included in another category). Include the following information: How will the grant allow you to improve the quality of your work?
Along with this application, please submit:
Sketches: A picture is worth a thousand words. Drawings or photos of your ensemble elements are helpful for the selection committee.
Budget: Please include as detailed of a budget as possible of estimated costs/expenditures for your ensemble/project. (e.g.-breakout estimates for materials, labor, artist fee, equipment rental, or other line items) Is this project amenable to partial funding? Are there other sources of funding, or in-kind support to feed the project?
Examples: Any artwork, press, video or audio recordings that will support your application. Up to 5 digital images, may be submitted on CD, or by email. Please consider reducing the size of any electronically sent files.
Resumes or bios of key artistic personnel (max. 1 page per person)