The Solstice Community Art Studio is free for public use during open studio hours.
While cash donations help us buy supplies and materials for the studio, we rely on “found objects” or donated materials to create fantastical art for the Fremont Solstice Parade. We can’t make all this great art without stuff!
Please DO NOT MAKE DONATIONS except during studio hours (weekdays 6-9, weekends 12-6). We have limited storage and can only take materials that we have use for. Dropping materials without consent is considered DUMPING ~ please don’t be dumpy!
Useful items, which are not on this list, will need to be accepted by a staff person. Email email@example.com.
- Paper: Brown paper bags, rolls of construction paper, tissue paper, colored craft paper, white sheet paper, butcher block paper.
- Cardboard: 4’x4’ or larger only. Single-ply is best.
- Large pieces of fabric: Especially, solid colors, pho fur, pleather, knits and sparkle fabrics (none smaller than 3 yards).
- Flat sheets: Old Hotel work great, ask the Head of Housekeeping
- Spent Bicycle Tubes: Oh! Rubber Tie! What can’t you do?
- Bright, rich, deep colored, LATEX paints.
- Scissors- kids and adults
- Sparkles: Glitter, sequins, jewels, feathers, flowers (help us put the “Fance in fancy!)
- Colored markers: preferably permanent, paint or fabric markers
- Tape: duct, masking, electrical, packing: anything for hoops is great!
- Electric Hot-Pot: 1/2 gal. size
- Rope: untangled and clean in long lengths
- Tarps: clean and crisp, almost new!
- Bamboo: poles & rods: Over 8′ only
- Wood: Plywood – 4’x4’ min., 2×4 – 6’ min., 2×2 – 4’ min. (Other sizes are not so useful.)
- Toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap, sponges, clean & cut rags
- Socket sets with handles: fence set-up is much easier with several of these
- Other hand tools: hammers, measuring tape, wire cutters, screwdrivers (flat and Philips) box knives, etc.
PLEASE NOTE, WE ARE NOT TAKING PAINT AT THIS TIME!
Do you have goods or services that would be beneficial in helping us bring the community together through art? Everyone is welcome to share what they do best! We appreciate all kinds of donations from massages for tired workers to food donations from restaurant. Learn more about becoming a sponsor here.