Virtual Fremont Solstice Parade Submission Guidelines!
You can submit newly created performances; a past film of your participation in the Fremont Solstice Parade; an interview/story / “what the Fremont Solstice Parade means to You” that you film; a film of you juggling, dancing in flowers, in a green hat, laughing with your cats, etc…
- Content submissions should be no more than 3 minutes.
- Content will only be accepted through the Submission form (linked above)
- Due Date Extended!! June 9th by 12am is the deadline for content submission. However, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND submitting as early as possible. Submissions will be selected and edited as we receive them. While we will try our best to get to all submissions, it may not be possible. So submit your entry EARLY!
- Have content on Youtube or Vimeo? Email links to email@example.com
Video submission requirements
- Video format: MP4
- If submitting audio separately: MP3 or WAV
- Minimum 720p (1280×720)
- Maximum 1080p (1920×1080)
- Shot Horizontal (16:9)
- Natural audio encouraged
- Cellphone footage acceptable IF:
- Full quality video uploaded (not texted or downsized over email)
- If you’d like, establish a direction that every video must move like left to right so that the parade all flows the same way
Suggestions and considerations
- The more polished your submission is, the less work it will be for FAC to edit. EVERYTHING MATTERS! An extra 30 seconds of attention to Light, sound and stability can save 30 minutes in post.
- If your segment has ANYONE speaking in it, don’t use copyrighted music, as it can render the clip useless.
- Don’t add music on top of an original clip, audio selection will be handled by FAC
- Use a tripod whenever possible, hold with two hands when a tripod not handy
- In general, the more takes- the better, but only submit your best 2-3 attempts.
Consider the following questions when preparing a submission:
- Light: Can I see my performers adequately? Is there a large area of the screen too bright or too dark? Reframe or change shooting location
- Audio: if there’s a vocal element, consider natural surroundings. Are you on a road where a loud truck might drive by unexpectedly?
- Audio: If I need to hear someone speaking, get them and the mic close together so we primarily hear the speaker (PRO TIP: Record your video on one device, and record a voice memo on a cell phone close to presenter for better vocal audio)
- Stable shot: If my camera can stay in the same place for the entire duration, can we mount/rest it on something stationary? Drastically improves quality.
- Leveled shot: is your shot level? It matters!
- Focus: are your performers in focus? Is your camera set to auto focus? It might focus on the background if your performers are moving around
- Any nudity will be blurred and may not make it into the final parade stream
- FAC is not obligated to use your clip if it is inappropriate, offensive, or otherwise harmful.
- FAC may not be able to use your submission for a number of reasons.
STREAMING DETAILS for the day of the event
DETAILS: Streaming Live on Saturday, June 20th at 1 pm.
WHERE?: Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/FremontArtsCouncil/)
WHAT TO EXPECT?
Videos and pictures of the PAST, PRESENT, and FUTURE of the Fremont Arts Council including our beloved Green Hat Presenters.